Friday, September 27, 2013

Wonderview Texturing

Been working a bit on the Wonderview hotel. I am beginning to regret not bevelling anything. It looks a bit sharp, but with outline it should hopefully look better.

The lines I had on it were't working well, I had them in this chalk brush, but they got all weird and stretched sometimes and I really don't wan't to UV everything again, so I did a text using the UV line as the outlines and iut seemed to work okay. So I will have to redo them, maybe with a cleaner brush, or just scruff up the UVoverlay.


Finished the basic colours for the main building. Need to add lines, text and detail, and then move on to the insides. I am not sure how to the the inside of the buildings, as I need transparent glass, but don't want to model a whole lot to go the inside. Also have to play around with lights in marmoset, as so far, I've just been using default skylights.

----EDIT---

I've been working on this a bit in my free time, I pretty much have the textures done. They are REALLY simplistic, as I was trying to follow the concept. I am having a bit of troublein Marmoset though with transparency and alphas and such.I kind of just jumped in without reading anything, so I wasted a lot of time trying to figure stuff out.


So the upper balcony's transparency isn't working properly at the moment, soI need to sort that out. Next step is the lighting and plants. I need to create some emmissive masks so it looks like light is actually coming from inside the rooms, and add some plant life to it, to create some interest.

Another couple of problems:  I can't match the concept art angle so I will have to play around with FOV I guess, and also the line/words etc are lost when the entire building in rendered but I don't think I can do much about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment