Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Waltling 1938 Slot Machine

Oh my word. It's been a long time! I have been doing quite a lot of hard surface modelling the last couple of months, and the last week i found myself with a lot of free time on my hand. So I jumped back into the Watling model, because I really liked the idea of it, I think it will look really good if I can finish it to a high quality.

I basically started it from scratch, because I have learnt SO much in the last couple of months in 3DS Max (fast becoming my fav 3D package), and am so much faster the the start of the year. I modelled it with Turbosmooth in mind too, which I hadn't done with the previous blockout.

What I have so far: Wires in Max un-Turbosmoothed



Turbosmoothed in Max



This is the basic body, I still need to do the coin placements and the eagle base in Max before I take each piece into Zbrush to sculpt the details.

I have a few problems with the turbosmoothed mesh at the moment though. I am not sure whether to spend a couple more hours in Max to try and fix these, or if it would be faster in Zbrush. I'm not exactly a Zbrush pro though.....



The problems are all on that top fruit-roll-coin-entering part (technical name). It was the most difficult to model, and as it was on a slant, it was a major pain keeping all the faces planar to each other. So that and the jointed areas are the biggest issues.

Next:
Place Coins
Eagle Base Mesh
Fix Issues

No comments:

Post a Comment