Thursday, January 9, 2014

Watling 1938 Slot Machine

After doing no work over the Christmas period, I'm getting back into learning 3DS Max. I followed a couple of tutorials over the last couple weeks, but I am still VERY slow at modeling using Max.

I'm going to start with a prop. I wanted to do something old and interesting and I found this Watling 1938 Slot Machine online and thought it would be a fun challenge.



There aren't that many large pictures online, so the best way I found see details is on ebay, where you can super zoom on a picture, but sadly, can't download it. I only have about 2 free hours in the day at the moment so I don't know how long this will take, but am giving myself a deadline of the end of Feb.

GOALS

Improve:
            speed and knowledge of modeling in 3DS Max
            hard surface sculpting in Zbrush
            material definition
            lighting, rendering and presentation


 Jan 4
Blockout in Max: taking forever because I have just been working on my one day off a week. I should have more free time this month, so I will start creating high polys of each piece.









No comments:

Post a Comment